The College Essay.
Final assignment. Due the final week of June - but you can turn
it in at anytime.
Choose one of the following topics: 500 word
- Write a Personal Statement (PS). A PS is an essay/letter/argument/advertisement/memoir. The purpose is to introduce yourself to a graduate
school you wish to attend, or a company you wish to work for.
The following are the 2015 national college essay topics all American students must write about.
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they
believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what
lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you
make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience
there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, which marked your transition from
childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.